This ministry is intended simply to teach people the whole counsel of God by going through the Bible book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse, while living out what it says before the eyes of those who will come. Jesus said in John 13:35 “By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” This is the scripture that would best define the mission that the Lord has laid on our hearts.
Our vision is simply that which scripture has already given us: “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.” (Acts 2:42) We believe that if we keep things as simply as scripture has explained them, the Lord will add to His church daily those who are being saved by the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the saints of the body of Christ. As we grow in the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, evangelism will be that which naturally comes forth from thankful Spirit filled hearts.
Statement Of Faith
- We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Hebrews 9:14).
- We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supercedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3).
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2; John 8:58; John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14).
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide (John 14:16-17, 16:8-11).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Spirit (Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, 14, Ephesians 4).
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit based upon faith, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord (Acts 8:15-17; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are members (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the church: (1) full immersion water baptism, and (2) the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- We believe Scripturally, there are three ways people can receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit: By the laying on of hands initiated by leadership (Acts 8:17,18; 9:17; 19:6); by God directly baptizing the Believer apart from leadership laying on hands (Acts 2:1-2, Acts 10: 44-45); and asking (Luke 11:13).
- We also believe in laying on of hands in the ordination of pastors and ministers (Acts 13:3)
- We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20: 11-15).
- We believe in what is termed “the apostles’ creed” as embodying the fundamental facts of the Christian faith.
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell (Matthew 5:3, 25:31-34; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:22, 18:9; Luke 12:5).
- We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the earth (Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 5:7-10, 7:13-14).
- We believe that marriage is exclusively the legal union of one genetic man and one genetic woman. We also believe that legitimate biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage hence, sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, transgender, bisexuality, cross dressing, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation, viewing and/or distribution of pornography and efforts to alter one’s gender are incompatible with the Word of God, the Bible. Therefore Calvary Community Chapel shall only perform marriage ceremonies for proven congregants in long standing.